PRODUCT APPLICATION SCIENTIST
We consider the Product Application Scientist essential to solving our mission, with the rapid growth of clients in the food ingredients sector. You will report to the Head of Product Application and Chief Product Officer and work closely with the team to grow ProfilePrint’s business.
- Product application scientists are deep product experts who work closely with business development (BD) and client success (CS) teams to deliver client success at a technical level.
- In doing so, they will inevitably encounter new client use cases for our current product, or gaps in the market that can be fulfilled by future products.
- These new use cases are often in the form of proof-of-concept (POC) projects and it is the role of product application scientists to work closely with BD and CS teams to lead and coordinate these POCs.
- It is also the role of product application scientists to work closely with BD and CS teams to manage client support issues. For issues that cannot be solved by the team, to escalate to the relevant teams in a systematic manner, to trigger the correct expertise to tackle the problem. For example, bug fixes should be escalated to software engineering, product improvements to the product development team, fundamental science questions to the science team.
- By sitting at the intersection of product, science and BD, product application scientists are in a unique position to identify gaps in the market. It is the role of product application scientists to take the first quick stab as ascertaining the viability of our existing products in filling these gaps, or run quick research projects on alternate technology that may potentially fill them. Similar to POCs and client support, for issues that cannot be solved by the team, to escalate to the relevant teams in a systematic manner, to trigger the correct expertise to tackle the problem.
- Technical background in science is a requirement.
- Strong communication and coordination skills, including and not limited to clients and stakeholders from multiple departments.
- Analytical background in data science/machine learning systems is a major plus.
- Commercial background in business development and/or marketing is an advantage.
- Experience working with engineers, scientists and data scientists is an advantage.
- Understanding of modern collaboration frameworks like LEAN, AGILE or SCRUM, and ability to work within a ticketing system is an advantage.
- BD and CS for technical client success.
- Software engineering for bug fixes.
- Product development for product improvements.
- Science for fundamental scientific rigour.
- Management for product strategy and roadmap.