ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a data scientist to join our Applications team. This is a dynamic opportunity in an early-stage startup with growth and learning opportunities. You will report to the Head of Applications and Research, and collaborate closely with teammates within the Apps team, and with the BD and Product teams.
- Gather, clean, interpret and analyse chemometrics data to generate useful predictive insights;
- Design and perform data science experiments (collection and analysis) to answer client requirements;
- Create, optimise, deploy and monitor various machine learning models;
- Serve as the technical expert on client interactions and provide subject matter expertise to scope out projects appropriately;
- Document experiments and prepare reports and presentations for different audiences;
- Engage in ideation and execution of projects to further develop in-house capabilities;
- Participate in company outreach and marketing events and provide technical sales support.
While we value skills over qualifications, you will likely need the following in order to excel in this role:
- MSc or equivalent in Data Science or Computer Science, Statistics, or Chemometrics;
- Advanced proficiency in the Python programming language and SQL as demonstrated in successful projects or products;
- At least one year’s proven hands-on experience in building, training, and evaluating machine learning models using Scikit-Learn, pyTorch, or TensorFlow;
- Substantial experience and expertise in the modelling and analysis of highly-dimensional data;
- In-depth understanding of statistical modelling concepts like multivariate analysis, Principal Component Analysis (PCA), partial least squares (PLS) and a track record of solving problems with these methods;
- Excellent communication, relationship skills, and a strong team player.
If you have the following skillsets, this will be an added advantage:
- Knowledge of optimization algorithms, such as linear programming and (mixed) integer programming;
- Knowledge of open-source platform(s) for managing the machine learning lifecycle and tracking/logging of its various stages;
- Understanding of machine learning in production, i.e. version control, deployment, model drift, etc.;
- Knowledge of spectroscopy;
- Familiarity with basic food and ingredient chemistry.
This is an in-person role based in Singapore. We practice a hybrid working style, with a mix of in-person and off-site work. There is no minimum number of in-person days per week. Each person and team decides their own schedule. Every member will assessed by the impact that she/he ships, not by the time spent on work. The only guiding principle for being present is that as humans, authentic in-person interaction is necessary to create the culture of trust that we deem as foundational, so we require all team mates to invest in this.
OUR CULTURE & BENEFITS
Our team culture is centred on trust. The key pillars of that are active communication, ownership, responsibility, and mutual support. We value attitude over experience. To be considered a good fit, be prepared for a fast-paced startup environment. This means a focus on innovative problem solving, a growth mindset and a bias for taking action. The emphasis is on prioritising high impact actions, which requires clarity, focus and discipline. Clear prioritisation allows us to work hard, and play harder. We embrace being humans, not machines, hence the journey is as much of the prize as the destination. Having fun along the way is obligatory.
At ProfilePrint, we put our teammates at the front and centre of our company, and we are committed to supporting your well-being, both inside and outside of work. Our benefits include:
Competitive salaries and bonuses
Flexible vacation and paid time-off policies
Professional development opportunities, including training and mentorship
Company-sponsored social events, team building activities, and volunteer opportunities
Casual dress code and a fun, laid-back work environment
Snacks and beverages to keep you fuelled and focused throughout the day
We believe that our package and perks demonstrate our commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives, and we are always looking for ways to enhance our offerings and to create a positive and engaging work environment.
Let's get there, together.
If this role interests you, please send your CV and a short introduction of why you believe you would be an excellent candidate for this position.
Unfortunately only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.